1. Information We Collect and Receive
We collect several different types of information in order to provide services to you, including:
Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create your account with us or register for events, webinars, surveys, etc. and may include, first and last name, billing information, and a valid email address.
Service Data (including Session and Usage data):When you use our Services, we receive information generated through the use of the Service, either entered by you or others who use the Services with you (for example, schedules, attendee info, etc.), or from the Service infrastructure itself, (for example, duration of session, use of webcams, connection information, etc.) We may also collect usage and log data about how the services are accessed and used, including information about the device you are using the Services on, IP addresses, location information, language settings, what operating system you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data to help us support the Services.
Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have obtained data. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies that are a part of our group. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Job Applicants: We receive a CV or application directly from you or through an agency.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
Arena may access (which may include, with your consent, limited viewing or listening) and use the data we collect as necessary (a) to provide and maintain the Services; (b) to address and respond to service, security, and customer support issues; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (d) as required by law; (e) to fulfil our contracts; (f) to improve and enhance the Services; (g) to provide analysis or valuable information back to our Customers and users.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Create and administer your account
- Send you an order confirmation
- Facilitate and improve the usage of the services you have ordered
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you product updates, marketing communication, and service information
- Respond to customer inquiries and support requests
- Conduct research and analysis
- Analyse data, including through automated systems and machine learning to improve our services and/or your experience
- Provide you information about your use of the services and benchmarks, insights and suggestions for improvements
- Market services of our third-party business partners
- Process job applications
Arena also collects and stores meeting attendee information in order to fulfil our obligation to our customers and provide the Services. With their consent, we may also directly provide product and other Arena related information to attendees. Arena will retain your information for as long as your account with us is active, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to cancel your account or for us to stop providing you services, or if we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our database or suppressed, please contact us (details below).
Where you provided us with a copy of your CV, or you complete an application directly or through an agency you are giving us consent to process your data to align with the application process.
3. Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
Arena is continuously improving our websites and products, including through the use of various third party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. While we maintain ownership of this data, we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
We use Google Analytics to obtain information on the number of views to our site etc. You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
We use these cookies to operate our websites.
Some cookies are essential for the operation of Arena websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user might not be able to access all of the website content and features.
People who contact us via social media
We use a third party provider, Hootsuite, to manage our social media interactions.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
As part of our contract with you Arena may perform a credit check using an accredited, automated web platform. In the event that a result returns a potentially negative result the final contract decision will be made by a member of the board.
All outbound and inbound calls to the Arena Group numbers are recorded for training and monitoring purposes, and to investigate possible disputes. Call recordings are not shared outside of the group.
4. Information Sharing
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
- Fulfilling orders and providing the services
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Providing customer support
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of how we may or disclose data for legal reasons may include:
- As required by law, for example, to comply with a valid witness summons or other legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety (or the safety of others); to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
We may also disclose your personal information to a third party with your prior consent for marketing purposes.
Arena may need to communicate with you for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as billing, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
- Sending emails about new products or other news about Arena that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners. You can always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our products, services, and websites.
- To allow us to respond to your requirements in a timely manner and to reduce the cost/disruption of an engineer call-out there maybe a requirement to remotely access your network. It is your responsibility to ensure that our representative is only granted access to the areas required to facilitate the requirements of service.
6. Accessing Your Data
Our customers can always review, update or change personal information. Arena will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. Please contact us if you need assistance in reviewing your information. Arena will respond to your access request to review the information we have on file for you within a reasonable time.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service using Legitimate Interest, and when we do, these transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by appropriate agreements. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customer for as long as needed to provide services to our customer. Also, we will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sensitive personal data – Any sensitive data provided through job applications/offers or via the document management systems we provide will only be held for the duration of the contract or required retention period. Where the processing of such data is concerned we will ensure our staff have undergone the appropriate checks, and ensure any third parties used to perform elements of those contacts uphold the security requirements of the Arena Group.
8. Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
9. Managing your data and unsubscribing
If you would like to unsubscribe from our marketing communications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any other questions about this policy, would like to change/access your details, exercise your rights under the GDPR, or report an issue please contact email@example.com. Or contact Arena's Compliance Manager on 0344 863 8000. If you would like to make a complaint about this policy or raise an issue please use the number above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your issue is not resolved you can contact the Information Commissioner on 0303 123 1113 or via their website www.ico.org.uk/concerns/