As the return to office-based working gathers pace, many are reporting that users have already adapted to different ways of doing things that avoid printing to paper altogether. Recognition of the value of digitised working has also been accelerated as we adapted to working from home.
According to recent research, 58% plan to change their remote working policies indefinitely recognising the opportunity for more hybrid working and retention of the home office into the future rather than a quick fix responding to the covid pandemic.
Whatever your print fleet size and progress towards digital transformation, the pandemic has created a positive catalyst for change. Your copy and print capabilities need to be better aligned with how you want to work, recovering costs and keeping users productive regardless of location. A simple rethink can also deliver better value and free up space, IT and user time.
There are also solutions worth exploring which negate the need for printing and labour intensive tasks all together such as accounts payable software that enables streamlined digital working, and hybrid mail which outsources your mail production and delivery for less than the cost of a second class stamp.
Your partner for this print strategy rethink needs to provide the support and expertise of a technology provider like Arena to ensure you deliver the best solutions fit for your business – print based or otherwise. Your conversation should be about more than right sizing your fleet, your decisions should be informed by data where possible, and alternative technologies should be considered – perhaps proven options that you’re not even aware of.
Rather than rethinking your print capability in isolation, bring into the mix more issues brought about by changes to work patterns such as:
- Security and compliance for work anywhere – do you have the right infrastructure in place that covers this robustly to avoid risk of breach, loss of reputation and penalties?
- Seamless working, functionality and system integration – how can you improve workflows and collaboration to create less friction, improve user experience and boost productivity?
- Access to service support regardless of location to reduce mundane user support calls to IT
- Centralised, slicker print management to free up IT resource for other projects
- Visibility and control of usage regardless of location to maintain cost control and achieve sustainability goals
Finally, you need to ensure the ease of making this happen through flexible refinancing, and pre-set up and safe installation for minimal impact to business, both available through Arena.