Currently only 3% of the 50 trillion pages printed worldwide every year are printed digitally. However, many businesses are getting ahead of the curve in this competitive market, and realised the benefits of the technology resulting in a significant shift towards digital printing.
The demand for digital print is expanding with one driver for change being the trend towards shorter print runs, with demands for variable information continuing to grow.
Making the leap from traditional production print to digital print does not have to be daunting with the rewards making the switch more than worthwhile: expanded inhouse capabilities; optimised productivity; costs reduction and increased profit margins to name a few.
The Xerox range of digital printing press is the broadest portfolio of cut-sheet digital presses and production printers available on the market, providing flexibility and choice supported by world-class software to optimise productivity right across your operations for better margin.
From the walk-up simplicity and production-level capability of the compact Primelink series to sheet-fed digital printing presses, ideal for graphic communications and commercial print providers' high-speed, high-volume printing applications, including publishing, transaction printing, direct mail, packaging and photo publishing.
Xerox digital print technologies can help you offer the high-value options customers today demand, and retain more work inhouse for better margin with accurate brand colours, varied finished sizes and specialist finish options such as embellishment effects that provide a competitive edge.
The flexibility of digital printing is one of its biggest benefits, but the automation and built-in intelligence features can help significantly reduce setup, enhance image quality, lower labour costs and accelerate turnaround times.
The advantages of digital printing
Digital printing has many advantages over traditional production print, including:
- Higher quality and more consistent print.
- Avoids the common issue of harsh lines.
- The last print will be exactly the same as the first.
Perfect for short runs
- Meets customer preference for shorter runs with variable, personalised information.
- Provides a quick turnaround.
- No need for any pre-press procedures or plates.
- Initial setup time is greatly reduced.
Greater flexibility and versatility
- Unlock opportunities not possible with traditional production print.
- Large media ranges.
- Supports printing on a wide range of substrates such as metallics, darks and synthetics.
- Advanced printing techniques such as foil stamps, die cuts and UV finishes.
- Designs can be printed on a variety of materials from paper to fabric and even ceramics.
- Avoids the cost of creating printing plates
Print service providers’ profit margins on digital print enhancement were between 50% to 400%, resulting in a quick ROI.
Better for the environment
- Reduces and prevents paper and ink waste.
- Uses fewer toxic chemicals.
- No need for print screens.
- Electronic proofs cut down on ink and material waste.
Want to add digital print to your capabilities?
Get in touch with our experience production specialists are on hand to get to know your business and advise on how discuss your requirements and discover how to add value to your business and you gain a competitive advantage.