OUR CLIENT’S ISSUE
Winsford Academy needed a state-of-the-art multifunctional print solution (MFP) complete with installation and support.
The team ensured a smooth transition from the previous print management software and hardware to new up-to-date MFDs including reprographics devices and a number of satellite MFDs, as well as providing ongoing support.
A FollowMePrint solution was implemented in the form of PaperCut MF. A cashless catering system call BioStore was installed at the school which allowed students to purchase all their school meals via authentication using their thumb prints. The team tied the new MFD fleet in with the same authentication method, installing biometric thumb print scanners on each device.
The PaperCut solution enabled the school to:
- Quantify output costs via an intuitive web portal
- Recoup costs and charge them back to each department, instead of burdening IT with the costs
- Satisfy requirements for environmental initiatives
- Build bespoke print rules, such as enforced two-sided printing, or limiting colour print to marketing only
- Enhanced document security – jobs only released on authentication preventing sensitive information being left in the output tray
- Mobile printing – iOS mobile, support for Google Cloud Print, and email to print
- Ease burden on IT staff with an admin-friendly management console providing intuitive dashboards.
The price was competitive and the best value solution for the school. The advice we received from the team was unbiased and comprehensive. The support we have received leading up to installation has been excellent. They have highly competent IT technical support which has ensured a smooth transition from the previous print management software and hardware.”
Read more about managed print for education here